6:30 PM – Bryce Jordan Center – BTN – but more importantly, it’s dollar dog night.
PSU beat MSU last year. That’s been noted like a thousand times in the last week. Big Deal. If anything, that favors MSU as they know they need to be focused to come in and win. I expect Raymar Morgan to actually look interested in this game.
There’s some intriguing matchups in this one.
- KL2 vs. TB + SP – There’s going to be some serious speed in each team’s backcourt tonight. It’ll be fun to watch.
- Who rebounds better? MSU and PSU are #1 and 2 in rebounding in the conference, respectively.
- Who scores more? Jamelle Cornley or Raymar Morgan
I don’t know how PSU is going to win if the Big 3 aren’t on tonight, and if they can’t make 8 or more treys. After witnessing the defensive performance against Minnesota, I don’t know how they’re going to stop them. They’re going to have to outscore them.
PREDICTION: I’ll take MSU to cover the 5 point spread. Should be a competitive game for the most part, though. Probably be the largest crowd of the season. Anything less than 11k would be disappointing.
Here’s some more material.
- PSU aims to repeat upset
- Nittany Lions set to battle Spartans
- Brent Yarina says Talor Battle is the Best PG in the Big Ten
- Spartans remember 08 loss to Penn State
- Spartans know they can’t take Penn State lightly
- Spartansweblog Preview
For the MSU statistics scouting report, check out KenPom’s page here.
Let’s Go State!